The children at All Saints' benefit greatly from a culturally enriched environment. In addition to cultural activities such as arts and crafts and specialist music and PE, we also offer a unique curriculum for the children. To ensure we give each child the best start in life and to support them to reach their full potential, our curriculum creates awe and wonder of the world around them which in turn broadens their horizons by extending and challenging them and creating experiences of which they wouldn’t otherwise encounter.
On Friday 6th January, we had a wonderful time watching Jack and the Beanstalk. M and M Theatrical Productions put on a great show! Some of us have never been to the theatre before so it was our first experience watching a pantomime. Year 1 pupil - "It was amazing!"
A place where our children develop a relationship between themselves and the natural world. Here they foster resilience, confidence, independence, creativity and problem solving through planned activities which offer the children the opportunity to take managed risks appropriate to the environment and themselves. Throughout the year, children from across KS2 will access Forest School provision to enhance their wellbeing and teamwork skills.
World of Work Day
On 23rd June 2022, children from Reception through to Year 6 met volunteers from the World of Work who talked to them about their careers. Our inspirational visitors included The Police, RSPCA, Rail Industry, Insurance and the owner of our local bookshop, The Thoughtful Spot.
Just some of the reasons we enjoyed the day -
- It was interactive and there were lots of volunteers
- Covea taught us good life lessons
- There were also demonstrations in the workshops that made them really interesting – especially in insurance with different scenarios focused around car accidents
- When the police officer came in , she told us about all the different hours people worked – it was very strange!
- Blowing the horn with Karen
- Wearing PC Liz’s uniform
- PC Liz has dyslexia and inspired our children who have it or know someone who does
- The careers we learned about were really interesting and some of us would like to get into them when we are older
- We all really enjoyed listening to and learning about the different professions
- Liked all the detail including the good and bad side of the job
It has left us with the idea that if we work hard and put effort into everything, we can achieve!