We are an inclusive school.
Here are our equality objectives:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities by explicitly showing all about how they can make a difference, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that give all the opportunity to shine.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in school and beyond the school.
- Actively address the representation of different minority ethnic groups within our school team during recruitment.
- Train all members of staff and governors involved in recruitment and selection on equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice, promote understanding, make reasonable adjustments and make sure any disadvantages in relation to people with disabilities are addressed.
You can view our Equality Policy in the 'School Policies' section of this website.