Who are we?
All Saints' CE (VA) Junior and Infant School is a Church School for pupils between the ages of 4 and 11 years.
It is one part of a community of communities – being a member of the family of the Diocese of Leeds whilst at the same time serving the local parishes of Salterhebble, Copley and Skircoat Green in Halifax. Please click HERE to view the website of All Saints' Church.
Our Vision is at the heart of everything we do:
Support each other to grow
Help one another to achieve
Inspire life-long learners
Nurture our uniqueness
Encourage through Christian Values to ... Let it Shine!
Our Core Values
Psalm 106:3 'Blessed are those who act justly, who always do what is right.'
Romans 12:10 'Be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves.'
1 Corinthians 16:13 'Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.'
Ephesians 4:32 'Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.'
Philippians 4:13 'I can do all this through him who gives me strength.'
Matthew 7:1 'Judge not, that you be not judged.'
Each half term, the children explore one of the school's Core Values (as agreed by all stakeholders) through the Curriculum, Collective Worship and Reflection Time. They use the school's reflection areas to allow time for personal reflection, spiritual development and prayer.
We are an inclusive school.
Here are our equality objectives:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To narrow the gap between boys' and girls' attainment in writing.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
You can view our Equality Policy and Action Plan in the 'School Policies' section of this website.